If you are not a member of JAPA, there is a cost of £20 for the downloaded supplement.
Key one day congress themes focused on active ageing in the prevention and self management of the conditions associated with old age. Please click on each date for further information.
- Monday 13 August 2012 - Opening day ceremony and keynotes
- Tuesday 14 August 2012 - key themes - Well-being, quality of life, cognitive functioning and dementias.
- Wednesday 15 August 2012 - key themes - Falls and fractures, balance and bone health.
- Thursday 16 August 2012 - key themes - Neurological and musculoskeletal conditions.
- Friday 17 August 2012 - key themes - Cardiovascular and respiratory conditions
- The impact of the built and natural environment and technology upon physical activity participation
- Training and instruction in exercise leadership and safe and effective programming
- Motivation to take up and adhere to physical activity and exercise
- Measurement of physical activity and exercise outcomes
- Active Ageing and health promotion
The Congress received accreditation from EACCME - European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (Institute of the UEMS). Delegates received a Certificate of Attendance with 27 European CME credits.
The Congress received 4 CPD points per day with REPS (Register of Exercise Professionals). Delegates were able to get a Certificate of Attendance with REPS points on for their portfolio.